Powered by Blogger.

Monday, July 1, 2013

Our First Ballet Recital


On May 11, 2013 we had our first dance recital at Academy of Ballet and Jazz. The theme was Cinderella and all the little ones had songs from the movie. Reagan's group was called "Middle of a Muddle". I had been trying to explain all about dress rehearsal and practice on the big stage at the Bama Theater beforehand. Anyone who knows Reagan well, knows she is very shy when she gets uncomfortable. Well our first recital practice she panicked about halfway thru and the second run the teacher got her to cooperate. SOOOO, when the time came for dress rehearsal I used my trusty bribery method. Welp, that surely didn't work cause she got up there and cried the whole way thru! I was a nervous wreck the day of the recital and had been praying she would just get up there and not be upset and cry. You know what they say about praying specifically? Well I just prayed she would stand up there and not cry. I didn't actually pray she would do the dance. I surely got my prayers answered because she walked out onto the middle of that stage and didn't move a muscle!!! She stood perfectly still with this blank look on her face THE ENTIRE DANCE!!! The whole Bama Theater was just cracking up at her. I think my 86 year old Grandaddy said it best when he said she didn't miss one step! And he was right because she did not take one step! TC and I just sat there and laughed the whole way thru. If you know Reagan well it was so typical of her to do this. She never cracked a smile the whole time. After the recital she was thrilled because she got a prize since she didn't cry! At least she looked really dang cute!!
Crying thru dress rehearsal!

3 1/2 Years old 






No comments: