Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Weekend Update x2

Re-cap of the last two weeks…

The weekend before last, we cooked out Friday night. Spent a family day Saturday, then watched the ballgame with our neighbors whom we love. Sunday went to church and then had a birthday party at 4. It was SUPER cute. Our friends Lindsey and Justin's youngest son turned 1. Lane had an awesome birthday party at their families farm in Brownville. Their oldest son Brenton is Reagan's age and they love playing together. Although, it's already starting where he is a boy and does not a want a girl playing with his things. Or driving his power wheels for that matter!! At the party they had two different bounce houses set up. Normally, we cannot get Reagan to go into the big ones, but she decided that this time was different. She LOVED it and would not come out.

Fast forward to this weekend. Friday night TC and I went with Lindsey and Josh (little Anna Claire's parent's) to see Dustin Lynch and Corey Smith at the Tuscaloosa Ampitheater. It was so awesome for TC and I, because Dustin Lynch was the band at our wedding!! We found him in a bar singing in Nashville while we were seniors in college. After his show that night, TC and I went up to talk to him because we were so impressed. I asked if he did wedding and he politely told me NO!

Well, after a few emails and some begging and pleading he agreed to drive down to Tuscaloosa to play at our wedding. We also went back to Nashville for a weekend so mom and dad could see who they were paying for!  A couple of months later he was at our wedding on May 31, 2008. He was AWESOME and had everyone at our wedding up and dancing the entire time. We love him and were so proud to watch him on the stage at the ampitheater playing his new single.

Saturday afternoon Tc and Reagan headed up to Barbers Motor Speedway to camp out. Meemee and Pa got a small motorhome to take to the races. Back in the day when TC was riding motorcross I would go with his family for the weekend and stay at the tracks. (Those were the good ole' days huh TC). His "glory" days if you will.

I stayed home by myself Saturday night and laid around. TC called to see what I was doing and I had to tell him watching a movie and crying my eyes out at the sad part. Sunday morning I set my alarm to get up early and meet them in Bham. I woke up to the rain and called TC to find out they were sitting in the rain too. He advised me not to come and waste my time. Plus I was going to have to drive to Bham in the rain… NO thanks.

They ended up home Sunday afternoon pretty early. We had a fun night eating chili and TC baked us some cookies. (My track record with cookies isn't that great).

Happy Fall Yall!

No comments: