Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Our visit to the Vet


So let me set the scene. We are at the Vet's office with Murphy. (We being Reagan and myself). The place is packed on a Thursday morning. We got to the window to sign in and wait…and we waited…and waited some more. Each time the door opens Murph LUNGES at whatever animal is coming thru. I mean, rip my arm off, jumps at these poor people kinda lunges. It's painful and embarrassing. He just gets extremely excited.

Anyways….so a man walks in with two crazy dogs and it takes all the workers to help him rope these dogs up. Murphy and 5 other dogs start jumping all around and then Reagan in her outside voice yells, "I have to pee!!" over and over. She then starts hopping on one foot and doing the whole potty dance routine. And these days if she announces it you better go, and I mean FAST. So I look around hopelessly trying to figure out what to do with Murphy?

This sweet old lady beside me offers help, but she had her hands full with her own dog and I didn't need a lawsuit when he ripped her arm off.  I spotted the bathroom in the back and had no choice but to drag Murphy in the bathroom with us. It was the tiniest little bathroom you have ever seen. So we get the job done just in the nick of time and exit. As soon as we do, another person opens the door to enter the vet's office.

In slow motion, Murph lunges at them, and his leash goes straight across Reagan's poor neck. (Close-lined her if you will) It knocked her flat of her back and she just laid there. It happened so fast she and I were just looking at one another shocked. She never cried just looked at me and Murphy standing over her.  I helped her up and the same sweet old lady asked her if she was ok? She looked at her and said in the sweetest voice, "That crazy dog just knocked me straight over!"

Needless to say, I was happy to get that trip over. And did I mention that visit to the vet cost us $233?? UGH!

No comments: