Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Weekend Update

It's been an amazingly uneventful week and weekend at the Lightsey's. We cooked some great dinners this week (well, hubs did one and I did one), we went to swimming lessons, we hung out.  Thursday night I had a girls night with some of my sweet girlfriends. The older I get, the more I realize those are the people you sometimes need the most surrounding you. They are girls I know I could count on for anything. And I mean anything, and I hope they feel the same about me.

Friday night we fried chicken wings with Bill Bill and Rob. If you know us at all, you know that is one of our FAVORITE meals. I live for chicken wings, and I am not embarrassed to admit it on the internet. It was a nice, fun, relaxing evening. I am also thankful for hubs friends. We know we could count on them for anything too.

Saturday morning we got up bright and early and went and got kittens. Yes, you read that correctly. They are so stinking cute, but are going to live in Coker with mom and dad. We just babysat them overnight. While we were doing that TC and his dad put the boat in the water. TC took his first wakeboarding run of the summer. Then, Saturday night we went with our good friends Josh and Lindsey to a benefit for DCH hospital. They had a great band, but we unfortunately did not win the $7,000 diamond that was given away. We still had a really good time hanging out without our two year olds. It's been a long time since the four of us hung out without kids!!

And that brings us to Sunday… We overslept for church and I have loads and loads of laundry to do. We are getting the house ready for our huge crawfish boil next weekend. I am so excited for this… Sorry for no pictures, my camera is in the car and I am not willing to venture outside for it.

No comments: