Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day

Well I personally LOVE LOVE LOVE Valentines Day. I have always had a mom and dad who made it special and a treat. I woke up knowing I would have a "special" day when I was little. There was always a surprise and candy. I loved going to school and having a v-day party and getting all those little cards. It was just exciting! So now as a mom I want that for Reagan. I want her to get excited about it and enjoy the little things. So, oh boy was I a happy camper when this morning she woke up and said, "Hey momma! it's Valentines Day!!" I immediately got up and got her bag of goodies she could open before TC had to leave for work. He left about 6:50 this morning and she and I had devoured the box of disney princess chocolates by 7:05. She also got a new little puppy, a new book and tons more candy. Oh yeah, and a new Hello Kitty toothbrush to work against all the candy I bought.

With that being said, I have a hubby who HATES v-day. His thought is that you should not have to buy your significant other a present because everybody else does. OK, I get it, I really do. But after being married 3 years and dating way longer than that he has figured it out. He just comes home with some flowers, a card and most importantly something for baby girl. Good job husband, good job! I know it drives him crazy, but he does it cause he knows that I care.

So all in all it was a great day. We visited with grandmother, grandaddy and Janice. Then had a surprise visit from Poppa with more v-day gifts. And yes, I am 26 years old and my momma and daddy still make my day special with "prizes".

Happy Valentines Day Yall!


No comments: