Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Weekend Update

Well, it was just as good of a weekend as I had hoped. Not to brag on the hubs and give him a big head or anything, but dinner Saturday night was phenomenal! We had a total of 13 adults and 2 two-year olds. Tons of food and tons of laughter and fun. TC and I LOVE to have people over to do dinner and cook. Needless to say the old house was just way to small for huge gatherings, or more than 5 people in general. The new house isn't huge and grand, but it's cozy and there is more room. I am a people person and like being surrounded by familiar friends. And just to brag on all my great friends. WOW, do I have great friends. They love me, my baby and my hubs way more than we deserve. We are the only ones to currently have a little one around….(Ray is going to have some competition in the near future!!) but as for right now she gets all the attention. And can I say between her uncle Bill Bill, uncle Robert and Uncle Rob she is rotten. They love her and ohmylord does she love them. She likes her aunties too, but for sure loves her uncles. She constantly asks TC and I throughout the week where they all are and what they are doing. We usually make something random up. For example, Bill Bill is probably feeding Alleigh and Lucy and Uncle Bobert (Robert) is probably playing golf. She has been a little upset with Uncle Rob, but after last night and him appearing with two (yes TWO) boxes of Dora the Explorer gummies she asked where he was about 20 times today! She then proceeded to say she loved and missed him. So Rob if you read this, I think she's over it.

This morning (Sunday) we went with Robert, Anna Claire, Bill and Leigh to the church they have been attending. It was Church of the Highlands, the satellite one, in Tuscaloosa. I have to admit, I am the first person to be intimidated by "visiting" other people's churches. But today was awesome. I think every person I looked at smiled and welcomed me. It was not uncomfortable, it was not intimidating and it was not awkward. All the things I dreaded or had made up in my head it could be. Definitely different than what we are use to, but different in a good way. We loved it, and to say the least the Lightsey's will be going again. Thanks friends for encouraging us to come and check it out.

Reagan's random funnies from this week:
-She had to go to the bathroom at Newks during lunch today, so we are crammed in this little stall together. The door opened and someone else walked in. She then asked what that noise was and when I said it was the door she said,"yeap, it's prolly uncle Robert"

-laying in bed tonight she said, "momma, uncle bill bill has a beard (insert pause) it's all over his face"

-I put a new picture of TC driving the boat in a frame this week. It is from his waist up and he is smiling. When she noticed it she immediately said, "Look momma! Daddy's naked in that picture!"

-She informed me today she was "speaking spanish". I am going to assume that's from Dora, but she was definitely not speaking spanish because it was plain english.

No comments: